Friday, November 12, 2010

Things that warm my heart in the cold season

Now that the cold season is here I have so much to look forward to not to mention some of my favorite things I have already started enjoying.  Like turtle necks and boots, there is nothing I like to wear more when it’s chilly outside is a turtle neck, my favorite pair of fitting jeans, and a nice pair of boots, and not to mention a cute matching bag on my arm. It takes me away from that “tired mommy look” to that “cute mom” look. There is also the fall and winter foods I enjoy. My husband’s chili, it has perfected over time, as he has. It’s very hearty; he uses big chucks of tomatoes, onions, meat, and peppers. It’s not too spicy but it has a little kick to it especially now that we have the little ones. Green bean casserole, and now that I think about it, why do I only cook this dish twice a year? It’s such a good dish, especially when the French onions are still a little crunchy on top. And finally a caramel macchiato, its offers me a little more comfort in the winter. I still get a great caffeine rush, but it keeps me warm and a smile on my face while driving on 95 to work in some of the worst traffic.   

Then there is Easy Sundays, mmmm.  What is an Easy Sunday? Easy Sundays is when it’s too cold to go outside and play, we don’t have any plans, we just had a big good ‘ole Sunday breakfast, the smell of Sunday dinner is floating through the air along with the linger of maple syrup from breakfast, you occasionally hear the clatter of the croak pot from where my husband keeps checking and sampling the meat, we are still in our pajamas, cuddled up on the couch watching movies, with frequent little cat naps.  A little before dinner the kids get a bath, then after that they eat off to their room they go to play.  That leaves enough time for my husband and I to catch the Fox Sunday line up, Simpson's, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, and American Dad. After several years of Sundays of watching this together we still talk about watching the Simpson's as growing up, good times.  Easy Sundays are the best, they also make Monday’s so approachable.  
 

Where Moms Who Blog Go!

1 comment:

  1. I was just checking out your blog! You look like you are off to a good start! i'm new to blogging too!!! here is mine: http://buzzinbalms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete