Friday, November 19, 2010

My Favorite Things To Do Once My Kids Have Gone to Bed

Watch TV – For the past couple of years I have gotten addicted to Adult Swim.  It comes on the Cartoon Network Channel at 10pm. They show King of the Hill, Family Guy, Robot Chicken and several other shows but I normally can’t stay awake that long. I normally start watching when Family Guy comes on and that show although is a little "raw" has to be the funniest show ever!  Robot Chicken is a 15 minute show of mini clips and parody’s, it is a short show but another really funny show.  I love a good laugh before going to bed and those shows will give you that.

Treat myself with a treat – With a diabetic toddler and two other kids that have a horrible sweet tooth, I normally have to hide my chocolate and candy stash.  My husband and I will go to Walgreens and stock up on candy bars and other chocolates. So when they have gone to bed I like to treat myself to a piece of candy. 

Have some me time – I know the more popular name for it is “mommy time”  But I like to remember the things I did before my kids; I could take that long shower or bath, paint my nails, prance around in just my hubby’s T shirt, and just relax without a care. 

These are the things I enjoy doing once my kids have gone to bed. Although it’s only last for a few hours until it’s time for me to go to bed myself, I have to say that I enjoy every minute!

2 comments:

  1. oh! in Moscow we also have adult swim! i like king of the hill the most of all. and in "family guy" i love Stui (i do not know how to write it(=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cartoon pic of yourself, too cute!
    My parents are a mixed couple. It has been fun growing up and people do not know what race I am!

    ReplyDelete