Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Need a New Dish for Thanksgiving


Now that I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year I need to start shopping, because we have 2 weeks left.  OMG, which means 2 weeks to start finalizing my Christmas list.  This part of the year is so busy.  And then when I think it’s all over my youngest birthday is in January.

Whew, just thinking about all that is exhausting.

But back to my original point, I need a new side dish for Thanksgiving.  I usually make cornbread stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, collard greens, corn pudding, macaroni and cheese, and deviled eggs. So I need something else to “wow” my family with.   Last year, I saw on one of those cooking shows a Turducken with sausage stuffing.  For those who are not familiar with Turducken, it is turkey, duck, and either chicken or hen.  You debone the birds and layer them with this sausage stuffing and then you sew them up and cook it.  After you cook it you slice it like a loaf.  It looked cool, . . .  and the sausage stuffing sounds tasty.  But I don’t know anybody that has made it. I may have to try cooking it before I do it for a major holiday.  But that sausage stuffing sounded real good.  If anyone has a recipe for that I would love it if you shared it with me or any of your favorite sides for Thanksgiving.  

Speaking of cooking I guess I should start cooking something for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment